Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Threading the Bassick Generation on a Pathway of Success @fairfieldu - Celebrating a Phenomenal Young Man. Great Things Ahead

Last night, Chitunga, Glamis and I hosted Nickalos Whyte, Fairfield University Class of 2016, over for a BBQ. Nick graduated in 2012 from Bassick High School and just finished his undergraduate degree in International Business. When he was a senior in high school, Chitunga was a freshman. We had a mini-celebration so the two of them could exchange notes about next steps for themselves as the world continues to open their doors for them.

I've known Nick almost as long as I've known Fairfield, and before him I knew his cousin, Reco, who transferred from Herkimer college. Nick has played on Varsity soccer at Fairfield and it's been great to see him evolve as a student and athlete.

The dang spring rain and storms put a damper in our plans, so we ended up at a diner (actually, I used it as an excuse so I wouldn't have to cook). Nothing like an omelet at 7:30 p.m.

Glamis especially appreciated a new face on Mt. Pleasant and wouldn't leave Nick alone. As for me, I was appreciative that the dog bothered someone else.

Wow. It's Wednesday. I'd better get to work. Summer is here! And there's a lot on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment