Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Walk, A Lawn Mowed, a 5K, a Hike, a Graduation Party, And Digital Work. I Guess That Was a Saturday.

The littlest things make me happy, like this $3 screen magnet I found at Targets. Two sides of a frog come together on the screen and I love that I now have it. I snapped a photograph of it then noticed that Chitunga was in his spot by the garden reading one of his economic books. It brought a sense of tranquility and calm - not too often that he chills out and simply reads.

The summer weather had me in boost-mode and I got energized to exert all I could in hikes and runs. Julie and I went to Weir Historical home in Wilton to discuss possible National Writing Project collaborations and to hike their grounds. It was beautiful and close by - bringing back all my environmental days at the Louisville Nature Center. We arranged to bring this summer's cohort there during the first week.

I also attended a graduation party for Yolehema, who finished her Masters in Social Work at Fordham. She definitely gave herself a royal party and everyone was ready to dance and celebrate.

And the sun is out indeed. I think I got a little burned from being outdoors so much, and now I know I need to get my legs. The psoriasis are really bad. I look like I have chicken pox.

Ah, but it's a 3 day weekend so I get another day, and then another day. I've said it over and over again - We should work 5 days, get 3 days off, work 5 days, get 3 days off. That extra day makes all the difference in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment