Tuesday, May 31, 2016

On Top of Spaghetti, All Covered in Cheese...I Lost My Poor Meatball, When Somebody Sneezed.

(Note: Although this looks like my marble countertop, these are not my meatballs. My meatballs are much better looking, thank you, because my parents taught me well).

(all in text - he was at work)

Bryan: I know you are are work. What sounds good to you?
Chitunga: Spaghetti and meatballs.
Bryan: It's like 100% humidity outside. You want meatballs.
Chitunga: Yes, that sounds good.
Bryan: Actually, it does sound good. I'll see what I can do.

And the day takes off. I write for a few hours, I go for a 5K run, I do laundry, and then I do groceries - sure, I can make spaghetti with meatballs. I had most of the ingredients, and I already have my air condition on.

That's what I did. Chitunga got out of work early and when to play football with his high school friends and then I went to laboring over the muffin pans. I have mastered the meatball (as my parents taught me) and if I had two little containers of tomato paste, I think I would have mastered the sauce, too - just a tad bit runny, where it could have been thicker.

But the flavors - superb! Besides, spaghetti and meatballs always taste better on the second night, and on the first one, it was pretty darn good.

The whole muffin pan baking idea is also brilliant, as cleaning up the grease is much easier and the meatballs stay in tact. I guess I'll be thankful over the next few nights (I made 24 meatballs) because  dinner has already been prepared. That, thin spaghetti and salad will keep us filled until at least Friday. Of course, he doesn't eat until right before bed. I still try to eat at a normal time.

And BOOM! Just like that and it's June tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment