Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Moment When You Grill A Good Meal Outside, But You're Just Not Feeling It In Relation to Work Needing to Be Done

The first time I had Mahi Mahi was at the Columbia in St. Augustine, Florida. I believe I was with colleagues and my parents at the time. First of all, the Columbia is easily one of the best restaurants in the world, and secondly, I never had Mahi Mahi before. I kept raving about it at lunch and then the waitress told me it was in the dolphin family.

I guess my face dropped and I asked, "I just at a dolphin?"

Well, not a real dolphin, but it was enough for my colleagues to buy me dolphin squeaky toys and to write in Sharpie, "You ate my brother!" across the fin.

I've been skeptical of ordering Mahi Mahi ever since, but lately I've decided it really is a light, wonderful fish. A few months ago, I bought several cuts and froze it for a special occasion. I decided last night would be the night, because I did an all-day Saturday marathon of writing in my office and after I mowed the lawn I thought, "Why not?"

Then, after I grilled the fish, I decided I wasn't in the mood and ate leftover chicken instead.

I'd love to perfect grilling fish, and I've decided it is a little difficult on an outdoor grill. My attempts at Salmon, too, have been okay, but not perfect. I think I saw a fish basket for the grill at one of the stores in the area, but I'm unsure if they work. I think I need to do more investigating.

I also want to be at sea to catch a live Mahi Mahi. They look like fun.

And with that, I'm going back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment