Tuesday, December 13, 2016

In Need of My Mommy and VapoRub. I Knew It Would Come

Anyone who knows me, knows that I get sick as soon as I get the opportunity to get sick. After listeria from Sabra Hummus, I recouped and instantly felt my sinuses filling up. This dripped for a week into my chest, and Sunday, I realized the Mucinex monsters moved in. I napped, took medicine, and found a way to build strength for a Sunday dinner and Monday round of on campus interviews for a candidate to join our team.

Even so, I had to constantly find a hiding place to blow my nose, sneeze ridiculously, and wipe sweat from my brow.

I returned Monday night to Doctor myself with Vicks VapoRub, NyQuil, spicy Asian soup, and a much earlier than usual bedtime story - Once upon a time, Crandall learned he could get totally wiped out by the crud.

I have the crud. I am hoping that rest will be enough to have me ready for a 12 hour day that is my Tuesday. There is not a single break in the schedule to catch my breath and, because it is the last class of the semester for graduate students, I am hoping I can make it to the 10 p.m. finish line. What I hate most about having the plague is the fact that all the drainage and coughing keep me from getting the rest I truly crave, desire, want, and need. My goal with last night's concoction, a cocktail of many meds, is to counter the phlegm globules that are invading my very being.

I will go to my grave not understanding the power of the cold and how it can totally take over one's well-being. I hate them and I despise being sick. Nothing works right, especially my brain, and I wish I could find a way to cash-in on the phlegm I'm producing. Like Autumn leaves that accumulate in our yards (partially to blame for my sickness), so should be all the goopy fluids our bodies produces when sick --- you'd think we could fuel cars with the crap.

Alas, this is par for the course. I just want it gone so I can get back to a routine of feeling and being healthy.

Here's to Vitamin C.

No comments:

Post a Comment