Sunday, July 10, 2016

I'm Definitely Too Old For Late Nights, But I Took a Risk in Celebration of the Full House Again

 I knew we'd have late nights, but I didn't think it would be on day one after a day of arranging the house and filling the fridge. That's what happens, though, and who knew that Chitunga's friend Roy (Julie's son) would have the passion of a totalitarian when anyone mentions the game Risk. Long story short, we began around 8:30 and finally let the kid take over the world around 1:30 in the morning.

Then I had to clean up. As a result, I lose twice because my adult body always wakes up early and doesn't allow me to sleep past 7. They'll probably sleep until 2 this afternoon.


The dining room is now a 4th bedroom, so Lossine has his own space. Pretty stoked to find shark sheets and a soccer print pillow that color coordinates with the rugs and dining room table cloth. Naseem, a teacher in Bridgeport who was over in the afternoon to plan with Lossine for the week, said she never even noticed that there was a bed. That may have something to do with the fact that Glamis, Mae and Jake were running all over the place and she was more worried for her life than looking around at Crandall's decor.

I've also forgotten how a week's worth of food for Chitunga and I is wiped clean in one night when Abu and Lossine are here.

It's all good, though - great to have them back: the laughter, the jokes, the conversations, the enthusiasm, the drive, and the spirit.

I may be too old, however, to keep up. I need more than 4 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment