Sunday, March 13, 2016

I'm Losing an Hour Of Sleep, And This Seems About Right As My Spring "Break" Comes to an End

This spring break was an absolute lie.

It began last week, when I went on a marathon grading spree that didn't end until Monday afternoon. I then followed the week with a series of meetings, multiple sessions where I led professional development in local schools, more meetings, a lot of writing, and preparation for the WOL #BeFree conference in NYC and getting things aligned for Washington, DC (which is this week).

In other words, I didn't quite sleep.

Ah, but I did. Staying at the Benjamin on Friday night (thank you Syracuse University for offering me this great room before the conference) offered me the best sleep that I've had in a long, long time.

Seriously, I have had 16 hours days since Fairfield was officially off without students. I am pretty fried, but feel somewhat thankful that I didn't have to balance all the work with organizing my classes, too.

Yesterday in NYC was phenomenal and I couldn't ask for a more wonderful group of literacy leaders or youth to work with.

But that bed, though. I need one of these (with those pillows). I slept like a baby and I'm hoping to recreate some of that this week. When I am rested, I'm able to give so much more when I'm awake.

Spring forward, everyone. This looks to be a sweatpants and marathon reading/writing kind of Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment