Friday, March 11, 2016

A New Injury for 2016, While Trying To Be a Good Dog Owner While BBQing Outside. Damn Leash.

In the mornings, when Glamis and I walk, we meet all the neighborhood dogs and it becomes routine with who is friendly and who we avoid. Because of the wonderful weather, I decided I would take Glamis for a second walk in the afternoon, and when we returned, I chose to BBQ meat from the freezer (thawed of course), while taking advantage of the wonderful spring-like day. I chose to have Glamis with me; after all, she loves this warmth as much as I do.

She was on her leash and I was the Grill Master.

That's when Jackson and his owner, Holly, walked by and wanted to play. Joyful with the air, I said, "Come on, Jackson. Glamis can play."

And the two played. And they chased each other. And they had a great time.

And Bryan flew through the air when Glamis went after Jackson at 100 mph, still on the leash, around my right leg, and outwards again. It was like a lasso that grabbed this bovine and tackled him to the arena in record time. I cleaned it up before it created a bruise that makes it look like I've tattooed my shin.

My bad. That's what happens when leashed dogs are allowed to be in a ballet of play that turns into the Super Bowl. I learned my lesson.

TGIF. A school, a meeting, and then Metro North to NYC for the #BeFree Writing Our Lives event at Leadership and Public Service High School in Manhattan on Saturday. Uniting CT and Syracuse voices, finally and at last.

And probably bringing peroxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment