Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Remember This Scene From Airplane? Well, That Would Be Me. Not Sure If It Is Health or Nerves

I had a flashback of this scene yesterday while I was at the gym. I ran around 4 miles, then did my usual circuit of weights. I'm not sure if it was something I ate, the stress of the semester, or my age, but I found myself sweating more than usual. I was drenched. I kept going, but it seriously felt like I was running during the most humid part of the day, twice as fast as I normally do. I was soaked.

I guess hyperhydrosis is real, and I suffer from it.

It is also embarrassing. Abu asked, "Is that really sweat from the gym? Are you really that soaked?"

Uh, yes, I feel good though. I just need to good down some.

I've always been this way. When I start sweating, I go at it excessively. I've read in some journals that it is a sign of being healthy, but in others that it is a sign for something more serious. I monitor it. I never know when I will have the excessively soaked days (or where it will pour out from)(I have a few locations on the back of my head that squirt like a focus, and then there was the day that I used one of my students to invited this beautiful poet to my classroom and she came - but that is a different story. I'm still embarrassed about that).

I could easily drench three outfits at the gym if I wanted to. I start and it doesn't stop. I feel great, of course, but it truly is embarrassing.

And with that, it's time for campus. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment