Monday, September 12, 2016

Hoping Some of Their Super Power Sprinkles Upon Me To Get Through the Week of Daily Commitments

Tunga ran a 9/11 Memorial 5K yesterday and Milford with super heroes and patriotism. I, on the other hand, sat at home writing a book chapter and wishing more time on the clock. I want to channel some of that 14-hour a day energy he has in his 20s like I used to have in my own.

Not any more.

A teaching friend came over mid-day to talk about her career, wanting to bail the profession, and the worries she has for next steps in her life. The only advice I had was for her to read the magnet on my refrigerator: Leap and the Net Will Appear. It's not my motto, but there's been a few times when I've relied on it to get me through.

I did walk Glamis twice on Sunday so I guess that is good. Walking is my mental break from writing/editing which I wish I had more time for during the summer (when everyone else has time off).

Wow, it's Monday again. And reflecting on yesterday's post, I see I got what I wanted. The air finally switched to September crisp yesterday at around 6 p.m. Phew. It feels so good to take a deep breath and not want to choke from the moisture. Here's hoping it lasts.

Here's to the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment