Monday, June 20, 2016

Practicing Eagle Scout Moves in Monroe, Before We Establish the Real Pit in Stratford.

Because Tunga had to work on Father's Day, I spent most of my day doing outdoor work, including building a pit for the new fire pit he bought me. Actually, he got out early, so he arrived just in time to help me assemble the pit, balance the lawn and think strategically about location. We got everything ready, then decided to head north.

In Monroe, I was able to teach Chitunga how to build a fire, pile up the teepees of wood and get the flames moving. He got the hang quickly, and I believe he'll be fine with our own once we decided to enjoy it out back.

I somehow extended my day to the Cavaliers/Golden State final game and it was a nail biter until the end. I normally don't watch the NBA, but with Curry and James, I knew the final game would be an awesome showdown. It made for a great distraction for a Sunday evening before kicking off the work week once more.

I can never figure out how the weekend flies by so fast. I really wish it would be this way every day....not real obligations and a spur-of-the-moment day of getting things done without any obligations.

ah, but it's back to the grind. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment