Monday, June 13, 2016

Not My 5K, but His 5K, and He's 20-Something, So He Has The Energy. I Had a Lawn To Mow.

Tunga, Roy, & Jacob
Black Rock 5K
I took Jacob and Chitunga to run a 5K - run for refugees - almost four years ago. I love that they now find 5Ks to run, whether I run with them or not. They're competitive, and Jacob has placed at 2 of the last 3. Now, Roy has joined their competition. They are the 7-minute mile club, and I haven't had that time since I was 24 years old. Now, I'm happy with a 9-minute mile.

Rather than running, I got up and mowed the lawn, walked the dog, ran, and then sorted more of the garage. Tunga and I then ran errands - got him a new car stereo - then went to Pam's for BBQ, ribs, corn-hole, battle ship, and ladder ball. It's a ritual now, "Um, We going to to Pam's? It's Sunday."

The weather outside is reminding me of Denmark. The winds are nice, the temperatures are cool, but the sun is warm. It makes for the best sleeping in the world - especially with the windows wide open.

Glamis is pooped from playing with Pam's dogs and I'm fried from moving hundreds of books around all day.

Man, is it Monday again already? Well, my faculty friends - I hope you enjoy your time off...that is not the case for me. I'm back in tomorrow with a tremendous list of things that need to be accomplished.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment