Sunday, October 2, 2016

God GRANT Me the Serenity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change, The Courage To Change The Things I Can, And...

...the wisdom to know the difference.

Okay, I don't know the difference.

To do as I do the way that I do it requires a life in the office writing grants, reporting on grants, finding grants, and granting myself permission to check Facebook every once in a while.

Last weekend was writing up research and this weekend is writing up the possibility for supporting teachers and youth in the southern part of Connecticut.

I nickel and dime wherever I can to make things happen and, thankfully, these funders have deadliness to force me to focus my thinking one sentence at a time. You know it is serious when I begin wearing layers on my head to contain my thoughts. Hat and hoodie. Must have been a tremendous idea I had while taking that selfie!

Actually, a day in the office was good distraction before the grading and U of L / Clemson football game. I'm still wrapping my head around their entrance: WWE? Fox News? Cirque du Soleil?

Monday is Rosh Hashanah and I just checked my calendar to see if it is a holiday (another day to get ahead). Nope. I'm at a Jesuit University. I forget this sometimes. It's like being in Kentucky all over again!

Either way, here's to the day of rest. I asked Tunga what his plans are and he said: homework, homework and homework. I concurred, but we set a goal to go to DSW to look at shoes and sneakers. I have ZERO tread left on any of my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment