Sunday, April 10, 2016

Oh, Pooh! I Could Use A Little Less Rain and a Lot More Sun. It's No Fun Playing Eeyore

My Saturday started out wonky, and then got wonkier. I got my taxes back, and two days later I got a letter from the IRS saying that Bridgeport Public Schools didn't send payment for consultant services until last year (they never sent me anything, so I assumed it was an honorarium) and now I owe taxes on that, which wipes away this year's return.

Sigh. I'm a good American, though. I do what is right.

Then I was doing laundry and I didn't hear the washer turn over to the spin cycle. It didn't drain, either. No matter what I did, it wouldn't kick over, so I had to take the soaked towels and clothes, transport them to the tub, then suck out the water with the Shop Vac. I then pulled it apart, and several parts were broken and in pieces. I watched multiple YouTube videos and realized I'm screwed. The washer is dead.

Of course, the floor needed to be mopped from the water mess it created, then everything had to be drained in the tub. Needless to say, I lost five hours of my evening playing Home Improvement and now my Sunday needs to be even more aggressive and focused than I already planned it to be. Obviously, I'm going to need to get on top of the replacement. I just traded in credit card points for a Home Depot card, which I planned on using for lawn care and outdoor landscaping.

Nope.

It's all good. That's the mantra I live by. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment