Friday, April 8, 2016

It's Friday and I'm on Edge, But Nowhere Near the Edge Olivia Pope Was on Last Night. Phew.

It's the time of the year where most of us in college/public school education (assessments, projects, breaks, transitions, deadlines, committee meetings, frustrations, empty promises, egos, and politics) are on ledge ready of fall off...

...or as Shel Silverstein put it, on the edge.

Ledge/Edge. Doesn't matter what you call it, but were hanging from it.

Of course, as I'm reflecting on my insanity, I choose to grade while watching Scandal. Um, that was not the best episode to clear my mind with - now I'm thinking that all my conspiracy theories and anti-political worries are authentic and that all of us can't believe anything we're fed from above.

Well, maybe I thought that before, but I like to be optimistic, too.

That was an intense episode. I'm picking my battles. I don't think I could ever bludgeon someone to death with a chair, but I've never been kidnapped or tortured. I also don't work for the POTUS.

Rather, I work with public schools and they're intense enough - they have their own power struggles, as does the university, and I'd rather stay far away from them. But hanging on for sanity is tough at this time of the year (especially when the March madness ends).

I will endure.

TGIF. I need the weekend to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment