Monday, February 22, 2016

And Then There Are Those Days When The Kohl's Gods Bestow a 30% Coupon Just in Time For 80% Off Racks

I want to write that my weekend was a bust of all work and no play, but I received a 30% coupon in the mail from Kohl's and took a break from grading to hit the store up. I didn't have anything I intended to buy, but in two swoops (I went twice) I bought $868 dollars worth of goods for almost $70 dollars: 4 pairs of running tights (two for me and two for Chitunga), new flannel sheets, a couple of house items, a sport coat, a few sweaters, and a couple of shirts.

Score.

And then I was back to grading and today, alas, I will continue this grading before an afternoon meeting and a guest appearance in a doctoral class on Youth Participatory Action Research at Arizona State University via Skype.

But I got deals this weekend and that is what I want to worship on a Monday morning. My frugality is my happiness.

I have to say, though, that the grant writing phase of the semester has subsided so I can concentrate more on the other work that I've been trying to get on top of, including my courses.

Here's to the week ahead and next summer's clearance racks that should be available around August.

No comments:

Post a Comment