Saturday, November 19, 2016

Loving This Photo at #NCTE16 with the @CWPFairfield Teaching Crew. Another Day of Presentations

The Connecticut crew moved down the road a little from the NWP Annual Conference to NCTE - National Council of Teachers of English. Day one, we completed two presentations with two more on deck tomorrow and another on Sunday.

We didn't know what to expect with our LRNG Innovation Challenge award presentation at NCTE where we highlighted the six school collaboration that reached 360+ students.

Shaun was able to present solo on some of his work at Central High School, and William and Jessica went on their own to discuss their part in Ubuntu Academy and teaching English language learners.

We went out for barbecue, SOUTHERN BBQ, and it was outrageously delicious - Twin Smokers Barbecue.

Also had time to run around Atlanta in the a.m. with Jen (a nice clip) and to see many friends at the conventions center: Jason Reynolds, Laurie Halse Anderson, Marcelle Haddix, Steven Bickmore, Jim Blasingame, Cynthia O-A, and many many more.

Here's the honest truth, though. I was in bed by 8 p.m. watching college basketball. I couldn't keep my eyes open and knowing I start early this morning, I knew I needed more sleep than I've been given. It's still an incredible time in Atlanta. It is such a wonderful location of the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment